Button Bar

Friday, April 1, 2011

Japan Donation Results and Thoughts on Spiritual Change

I am so pleased by the response from my readers to help contribute to Japan. I had 8 individuals comment (7 here on the blog and 1 on Facebook), which resulted in $8.00. I know it's not a huge amount, but who said anything had to be big to make an impact?

Along those same lines, I have been mulling over how different I am from the person I was 5 years ago. In 2006, I was in my first year at college and in addition to my degree, I was working on developing a close relationship with my now husband. Life was exciting back then. I was full of dreams for the future. My focus was not on spiritual things. Even though I was involved in local church ministries, I rarely exposed myself to contexts outside of the church.


Fast forward to 2011. I am quickly approaching the 2 year mark from my college graduation. Dreams have died, job opportunities non-existent, yet I am learning to be content. Instead of being wrapped up in a full-time corporate job, I am learning the true meaning of an intentional life. It makes me happy to see myself grow and develop a radical, life changing faith, but it also makes me regret my lack of interest 5 years ago.

I have often wondered how my life would be different today if I had known what I know now. Would I have gone off to a Christian college to study missions or women's ministries instead of pursing a degree in business? I may never know. But I what I do know is God's plan could never be a mistake. If I can use my business/marketing knowledge to be influential in ministry, then it will be worth it.

As for right now, I am working on changing my focus to further grow my blog ministry, help out in the church where needed (currently with our young marrieds), and be an example to others in my marriage and in my relationship with Christ. I may even have an opportunity to do short-term missions this year!


Spiritually speaking, how different are you today from the person you were 5 years ago?

0 comments:

Post a Comment