Button Bar

Thursday, January 1, 2009

About Me

           Welcome to my blog! I’m Kalyn, a 20-something year old Upstate New York resident who has recently graduated from Binghamton University’s School of Management. I still have yet to find a job in my field of study, so God has been teaching me patience and contentment while I wait to see what He has in store.

            Meanwhile, I fill my free time reading just about anything I can get my hands on! I was once told, “The more you know, the more life makes sense”. Since then, I have taken that phrase literally and have soaked up any and all information I can fit inside my sponge of a brain. You will mostly likely find me in the middle of one book or another and the breadth of subjects can range from political interests to in-depth studies of Scripture.   

             Other aspects of my personality would probably be along the lines of a type-A individual – I’m pretty organized and get more excited about making to-do lists and cleaning schedules than actually doing them. I'm crazy about saving money and spending time hiking and exploring nature makes me smile. I love to bake indulgent treats, scrapbook my memories, and travel with my hubby whenever we have enough money in our vacation fund.

            So why did I name my blog A Quiet Strength? As an introvert, I am often labeled "the quiet one", but there are occurrences when you will see me climb out of my shell and surprise you with a quick wit that could only come from being part of a rowdy and humorous family. But quietness does not have to solely describe those who are shy. A gentle and quiet spirit can also characterize one who knows when to be still and listen to God's voice.

As for the "strength" part, I can honestly say I never considered myself to be a strong individual. Yet looking back on previous trials and even current heartaches have shown me a Strength I would have never dreamed possible were it not for my faith. Because of this, I believe we all have God's source of strength to help overcome our weaknesses, the power to make the right choices, and the courage to live our lives according to His Manuscript.

At A Quiet Strength, you can expect to find information that will better equip you to live intentionally from a Biblical worldview. I enjoy sharing what God teaches me in my everyday walk with Him and communicating the importance of being informative about our current culture so we are effective in reaching the lost. You will also find practical tips for living your fullest life throughout my approach to ministry, marriage, and appropriate management of your time and money.

I encourage you to stick around, browse through the archives, and travel alongside me in this lifelong pursuit to passionate and purposeful living. I would love to meet you!