Button Bar

Friday, February 11, 2011

My Blog, My Accountability Partner


Day after day of checking my own stats, comments, and page views can, at times, be disappointing as well as discouraging. I really enjoy writing, so I am definitely not planning on quitting, but in order to keep my thoughts on a positive note, I think it might be beneficial to explain why I write. What urges me to put pen to paper and scribble out my incredibly exciting thoughts? :)

  • Writing encourages me to apply what I have learned. It keeps me engaged in current issues by dissecting and analyzing (sometimes too much!) the information I read, hear, and see everyday. It helps me process the depths of Scripture so I can properly act on what I have studied. Writing helps me formulate my own opinions and gives me a voice.
  • Writing on A Quiet Strength forces me to, well, write! When I personally subscribe to a blog, I expect certain things:
1.      I expect the information to be compatible with the niche, or main genre of the blog.
2.      I expect the topics to be applicable to my life and helpful in some way.
3.      I expect new content to be written consistently

Because I want to give those same things to my readers, I try to schedule specific times to write at least twice a week. I give myself deadlines. And for the most part, I am able to publish new posts every Monday and Friday. 

  • Maintaining a blog allows me to look back on my life’s journey. It’s fun to see how you grow as a person through the ups and downs of life. Watching my writing change and adjust throughout the years is also a source of encouragement! Even when I pore through my own personal journals, I can see improvement in many areas of my life, as well as others still begging for change. :)
  • Writing and blogging connects me to people. I am by no means a social butterfly, but I enjoy seeing the benefits of expanding my circles – whether it be with a reader or another blogger. The blog community gives you a chance to explore links, recipes, book clubs, and more! 
  • Writing may give me a chance to help someone else. Maybe someday I can impact others on larger scale, but for now, I try to focus on the previous four reasons and hope that sometime, or somewhere, maybe something I wrote lifted at least one person’s spirits and encouraged them to walk closer to Christ.
So there you have it - my mission statement for why I feel the need to write. I won’t lie…..it can be quite tedious, very demanding, and sometimes frustrating. But I find it oh so rewarding in the end.


Do you have a “mission statement” for doing something you enjoy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment