Button Bar

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010 Grocery Project: March

Well, I knew my success had to stop somewhere. :) March did not go so well, partly because I did not plan as many meals ahead of time and partly because I stocked up on some bulk items at good prices. I traveled to Lancaster with family over the last couple of days and we stopped by an Amish grocery store that we try to frequent every time we are down there. Some of their baking products are greats buys, but others are not.  You have to know your prices! (FYI: I will eventually be sharing a post on how important a price "book" can be when you are trying to save money on groceries and I will show you how I developed mine.)

Here are the results: March spending ended up being $155.21, which made me $5.21 over budget. At first, I was really disappointed, but I know that I still did really well at keeping costs down and now I have bulk items to use over a longer period of time.

Let's hope I can do better next month!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment