Button Bar

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pray for Every Nation: Belize and Benin

While I complain about my college degree not being put to good use, the people of Belize can only receive an equivalent of a fourth-grade education.

While churches argue over how much their pastor should be paid, many of the pastors in Belize are forced to work two jobs to make ends meet.


 
(Photo Source)


While I complain about what I'm going to look like at 80 years old, the people of Benin will mostly likely only make it to their 50's.

While I roll my eyes at the state of our nation's economy, Benin remains one of the least developed nations in the world.


Lord, open my eyes and refuse to let me take what I enjoy in America for granted. I have a good education, made possible by loving parents. I have a pastor who is equipped to solely focus on the ministry at hand, and doesn't have to stretch his duties between two jobs. If God so allows, I have the gift of a long life. I also live within an economy that provides opportunities for growth and development. Please help me to appreciate all your wonderful gifts!

Do you have a similar prayer today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment