Button Bar

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pray for Every Nation: Belgium

This series is based on the Radical Experiment by David Platt. You can find more information about my decision to join here. If you would like to participate, please let me know with a comment or email and feel free to grab the button on my sidebar. I hope this journey will enrich your prayer life as much as it does mine!
 
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Belgium are the country's scrumptious chocolates. In high school, our History teacher bought imported chocolates from Switzerland and Belgium for us to try because we were learning about both these countries. Biting into a soft Belgian chocolate transported me immediately to a state of bliss and I promised myself if I ever made that trip to Europe, a stop in Belgium for some chocolates would be on the itinerary!


Putting our talk of chocolates aside, Belgium is a deeply hurt and divided nation. Between cultural and religious differences, this country has yet to find common ground. If worldviews continue to clash, Belgium may split apart permanently. We need to pray for the church leaders as they seek to bring unity not only to Belgium, but also to their own body of believers.

Here are some specific ways you can pray for Belgium:

1. Pray for wisdom as the leaders of this nation fight to unify their country.

2. Pray for the Christian believers, that they may have influence on promoting this unity.

3. Pray for the Belgian non-believers, that they may come into a personal relationship with Christ. 

Confirmation Code: GSFBHVX21510489

0 comments:

Post a Comment