Button Bar

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Completing Him Challenge: To Love and to Cherish


This week's challenge is to remember our Wedding Day and the commitment we made to each other as husband and wife.

Joseph and I were married in May 2007, a week after I graduated from the community college. It was a large wedding - we knew A LOT of people between the two of us! It was amazing to see all our friends and family in attendance!

There are many memorable moments that come to mind when I begin thinking about that sacred day......

1. I was advised by a friend to make sure I took some time for myself before I walked down the aisle. I was glad I listened to her - it allowed me to think about the seriousness of the commitment I was about to make. It humbled me, and excited me. It was one of the best things I could have done for myself before all the commotion started and I became pre-occupied throughout the rest of the day.


2. As a precursor to the rings, we had asked the pastor who was marrying us to say a few words - "something different than the traditional" I told him. Well, that is what we got! He held up the rings and said, "The ring is a circle.......because a square one won't fit on your finger." Then he proceeded to give the ring to Joseph and everyone laughed, including us. It was such a perfect way to break the ice and get me to relax because I was a nervous wreck up to that point!


3. After the ceremony, everyone went downstairs and watched a dvd of Joseph and I growing up. Meanwhile, we had bustle issues with my dress - the loop broke that held the button on my bustle. We had 5-6 different ladies trying to help me get my train pinned up! Hoped everyone liked the presentation, because they got to see it multiple times while we were fixing my dress!


I can honestly say this was the best day of my life!
Photobucket

1 comments:

JC said...

Reading this was a pleasure. I enjoyed seeing the day through your eyes. As for me... the best part of the day: I got the Girl. Not a girl, not just some girl... THE girl - You!

Post a Comment