Button Bar

Friday, March 19, 2010

Fess Up Friday: Kitchen Disasters

Unfortunately, I have quite a few kitchen disasters, but I will only confess to the one that happened most recently...

The confectionery sugar catastrophe.

As a cake decorator, I bake quite a few cakes, and confectionery sugar just so happens to be one of the main ingredients in the frosting I use. My husband was being super sweet and offered to make the frosting for me one evening. (Sometimes, the sugary sweet smell turns my stomach - especially when you make it all the time!) Anyway, Joseph began dumping in the confectionery sugar into the mixing bowl and somehow the measuring cup fell in too. Here is my Kitchen Aid making quite a racket with a measuring cup whirring around inside as clouds of confectionery sugar spewed forth.

"Turn it off! Turn it off!"  I shouted. As he hurried to get his hand on the lever, he ended up switching the speed the wrong way and the machine started spinning faster! 

There was confectionery sugar in my hair, all over my clothes, all over Joseph, and all over my kitchen. At least we were able to laugh about it though...............a day later.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Confectionary sugar makes things SOOOO sticky! LOL! I bet that was fun to clean up!

JC said...

didn't even break the measuring cup.

Emily said...

I understand about smell-I can hardly eat icing anymore :-)

Post a Comment