Button Bar

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

52 Weeks to an All-Natural Lifestyle: Personal Road Map

During the last few months, I have been introduced to Melissa over at Hidden Valley Simplicity. I really enjoy her blog, especially her perspectives on living more simply and all-naturally. She has started this new series, 52 Weeks to an All-Natural Lifestyle, and I have jumped on the bandwagon. I am not sure how "natural" I will go, but I would like to limit my dependence on all the artificial chemicals I unknowingly put into my body.

She starts by encouraging us to create a road map. What does our journey to an all-natural lifestyle look like? Here what I came up with for myself:

1. What do I not like about my life right now?
  • My sugar consumption.
  • The lack of energy after eating junk food.
  • Not eating enough fruit and vegetables.
  • All the chemicals I put into my body through processed foods and cleaning products.
2. What would an all-natural lifestyle ideally look like for me?
  • Learning to garden and growing my own produce.
  • Making more of my own foods from scratch (Breads, yogurt, jams and jellies, granola, etc).
  • Weaning myself off store-bought cleaning products and making my own natural products.
  • Less reliance on pills for headaches, allergies, etc. and more on home remedies with plants and herbs.
  • Less waste!
3. What are my priorities? (Listed in order of importance.)
  • Diet and Nutrition
  • Natural Cleaning Products
  • Alternative health treatment options
  • Natural Beauty Products
Focusing on changing these specific areas will also help me to become more self-sufficient down the road. I am looking forward to this journey!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better an all-natural life style than an "au natural" life style. :-)

Rose Casell said...

Looks awesome!

Emily said...

I need to eat less sugar too-it's so hard to get out of the habit after the holidays though.

Post a Comment