Button Bar

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

When It Rains, It Really Decides to Pour

How fitting that as I am writing this, rain is coming down in buckets outside. Life has gone from crazy to extremely hectic, but I am not complaining. I love being busy and the pressure makes me finish things a lot sooner!

The past week has been filled with making an offer on a house, signing a contract, meeting with a bank, signing more paperwork, and making appointments with attorneys, insurance companies, and the inspector for our new home. This is such a major process and I cannot say all of it has been fun, but knowing that we could be in our house in the next month makes me so excited! (Especially since we can clearly see God's hand in this process as opposed to the previous house we made an offer on.)

Because the house is a duplex, we need to find a renter soon. God will provide for us.....I am sure of that. But I am praying that God will bring the right person to our home so we can minister to them and be a different kind of landlord. I am involved in preparing all the paperwork for applications, lead-paint disclosures, lease agreements, etc. So much to do!

I have also received another wedding cake order! The wedding is scheduled for December 4th of this year so I do not have much time to prepare. I have been trying to plan tastings and get all the details figured out so the process goes smoothly. I hope I am all moved in by then! (Might be cutting it close. lol)

And last, but not least, I am working on training for a new job. I am so blessed that God has provided me with a place to work and money to bring home for our family, but I find that the work is not challenging enough for me and I am often bored. I have been searching for a different job anyway, but in this economy, nothing has presented itself. My aunt offered to train me in the Medical Transcription field to see if I would like it or not. The thought intrigued me and I stopped over at her house last night to discuss the job and practice on some dictations. It is quite challenging and I loved what little I did do. I am hoping to spend some more time with her to see if this is the path I want to eventually pursue. The field would allow me to work from my home which is a major answer to prayer for me to have more time to contribute towards my cake making. Working full-time at a bank does not really give me enough time to do my cakes as a side business. We shall see how the Lord directs, but so far I have a peace about this.

The next few weeks and months should be interesting!

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey Kalyn! I just gave you the Honest Scrap Award on my blog. Thanks for writing! I really enjoy it!

Post a Comment