Button Bar

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crazy Weekend Ahead!

I fear I may have taken too much onto my plate, but I am one who has a hard time saying "No". :) A while ago, I agreed to make the cake for my cousin's wedding. My first wedding cake ever! Yikes! I am extremely nervous, but excited to have people really see my work. I did a small trial cake a couple weeks ago and am happy to say that went quite smoothly. Now we shall see if the real one will succeed without a hitch!

Another friend of mine, who is getting married to another cousin, asked me last week if I would do her cupcakes. Again, happy to show off my work I said yes. The only problem is........The cake I'm doing for my cousin's wedding is for this Friday evening and my friend's wedding is Saturday afternoon! But wait, it gets better....

I am a bridesmaid in the Friday night wedding as well! Ah, such pressure I put on myself. :)

Tonight and tomorrow will be totally spent in the kitchen, baking, icing, and decorating. Hopefully all goes well! I will make sure to post pictures of both the cake and the cupcakes when I have them finished!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

best of luck!!!!! I can't wait to see the pics!!!! Go Kalyn

Emily said...

Praying for you!

Post a Comment