Button Bar

Monday, August 24, 2009

To Florida and Back

I immensely enjoyed last weeks' trip to the beautiful Sunshine state of Florida! The beauty of lush tropical palms and clear blue water certainly makes any humid weather bearable. :)

Here is a little synopsis of my trip:


We spent the first couple of days in Lakeland, FL spending time with old friends and visiting my SIL's father's exotic backyard. Isn't this Lemur just the cutest?


On Monday, we traipsed off to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios theme parks. We were all excited about the rides, shops, and shows, but it was obviously not our day. Just about every ride we wanted to go on closed because of technically difficulties. We finally were able to ride two of them, but it's not like I felt safe or anything. :/


On Tuesday, we headed down to the Florida Keys and spent all day Wednesday at a beach reading and being lazy.


Thursday, we visited a botanical garden and some tourist must-sees. We then spent the afternoon shopping the local stores and ended the evening with a sunset celebration in Mallory Square.

For our last day in the Keys we went on a snorkeling trip to two coral reefs - Sand Key and Rock Key. Definitely one of the coolest things I can say I've ever done!



On Saturday, we finally headed back to Lakeland and spent some more time at the Piatt's where I had the opportunity to hold a baby alligator! Way cool!

I had an absolutely awesome trip and have come away with so many wonderful memories.

Let's just say........I did not want to board that plane to go home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment