Button Bar

Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Sponsorship Papers Arrived!

I was so excited to find this information in the mail this week:


I mentioned before how we were planning on using some of our tax refund money to sponsor a child. I am so glad we did! I have already posted our "girl's" picture on the fridge as a reminder to pray for her. I am encouraged that our contributions will offset some of her much needed educational and medical expenses and I'm already looking forward to sending a little something for her birthday and Christmas this year!

If you are interested in sponsoring a child, please begin researching different organizations to find which one you would be comfortable supporting. We chose Baptist Haiti Mission because a woman in our church travels on missions trips with them and their doctrine is sound. Our money is not used for administrative expenses like some other programs. Instead, they cover the child's education, school supplies, and medical necessities. All of the children attend a Christian school put on by the mission - it is comforting to know they are being taught God's word.

I love that we, as Christians, have the opportunities to put our beliefs into tangible reality!

0 comments:

Post a Comment