I only managed to accomplish a few things before collapsing onto my bed: Cleaning and arranging the bedroom, putting away some clothes, and making sure I had my outfit ready for work the next day so I did not end up hunting for essential items in my lethargic morning state. I have no idea when I will be able to start cleaning and organizing the kitchen, so for now, we have a sufficient stash of frozen dinners and pizzas to get us through. :)
Tonight, we will be picking up a chest freezer (for free!) and muddling our way through some other tasks. We are going to lay out our "fix-it-fast" plan for the downstairs apartment so we can make the place move-in ready and rent it out as soon as possible. The next few weeks will be hectic as I juggle living out of boxes, improving the house, and making sure all the paperwork is in order for our rental. (All while I continue to work at my full-time job.) Even though my time and my stress level will be stretched to the maximum, I have so much to be thankful for:
- We have our own home! The days of renting are gone.
- We were able to move in before Christmas!
- We closed on our house before the end of the year and are able to file for the Tax Credit on our 2009 taxes.
- I have the most wonderful husband who is willing search high and low in a sea of boxes for an item I want, and will not stop until he finds it for me. :)
- God has given me a wonderful peace throughout this whole process that was not present during our previous house offer and negotiations. I know my husband and I are following His plan.