Button Bar

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life Is Like.........A Bunch of Boxes.

My whole existence has been thrown into immediate upheaval. We found out last Friday that we would be closing on Monday at 1pm. Anxious to settle in, we moved the rest of our things to the new house Monday night and slept there for the first time. So exciting, yet so overwhelming! My mind wants everything to be perfect right away, which is, of course, impossible.

I only managed to accomplish a few things before collapsing onto my bed: Cleaning and arranging the bedroom, putting away some clothes, and making sure I had my outfit ready for work the next day so I did not end up hunting for essential items in my lethargic morning state. I have no idea when I will be able to start cleaning and organizing the kitchen, so for now, we have a sufficient stash of frozen dinners and pizzas to get us through. :)

Tonight, we will be picking up a chest freezer (for free!) and muddling our way through some other tasks. We are going to lay out our "fix-it-fast" plan for the downstairs apartment so we can make the place move-in ready and rent it out as soon as possible. The next few weeks will be hectic as I juggle living out of boxes, improving the house, and making sure all the paperwork is in order for our rental. (All while I continue to work at my full-time job.) Even though my time and my stress level will be stretched to the maximum, I have so much to be thankful for:
  • We have our own home! The days of renting are gone.
  • We were able to move in before Christmas!
  • We closed on our house before the end of the year and are able to file for the Tax Credit on our 2009 taxes.
  • I have the most wonderful husband who is willing search high and low in a sea of boxes for an item I want, and will not stop until he finds it for me. :)
  • God has given me a wonderful peace throughout this whole process that was not present during our previous house offer and negotiations. I know my husband and I are following His plan.
Photobucket

1 comments:

JC said...

awwwwwww... I love You! Fix it Fast plan in place... OUT COMES THE PANELING!!

Post a Comment